Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's a Wrap - 2012

Hey all,
So this year has been pretty big for me and I wanted to find a way to kind of wrap it up (hence the title) without just doing one of those "Best Products" tags that seem pretty generic. So instead I came up, with the help of a few questions from those tags, my own tag/questionaire about the year and made it pretty all inclusive rather than only doing it about beauty. I'm mostly doing this for myself to look back and reflect on but I hope that you all think about your own experiences in 2012 and maybe take some tips or suggestions from my experiences. Thanks for reading and Happy New Year

Personal:

Best book you read in 2012? 
I read the Hunger Games in the early spring of this year and fell in love with the trilogy, the movie was good but nothing compared to the books, the best writing I've read in a long time. 

What was your best month? Worst month?

My family went on our first real, week long vacation in August of this year, and it was overall just a great month.  I left my job that I had been hating and it was just a good month, but then we had to drop my brother off in Kentucky for college and that was rough on us.  So it was kind of the best and the worst wrapped into one. 

What’s something you learned about yourself?

I learned that I'm really great at working with kids who are a little rough around the edges.  I also learned that I have a serious problem with spending money and need to marry rich or curb this problem. 

What is one thing you regret from this year?

I regret not going back to school. It's one of the things that is really holding me back in life, so it's on my to do list for this year. 

Did you have to go to the hospital? 

I actually don't think I went to the hospital at all in 2012, but I was there yesterday if that counts.

How did you earn your keep?

I spent the first 8 months of the year working at a home for kids who had expereienced severe trauma/neglect.  That was an amazing experience, I worked there for 2 years and it was a great place to grow and learn but they way it was run was  pretty ridiculous and I ended up exhausted and worn out.  When I left there I decided to take a hiatus and decide what I want to do in the end.  I have been nannying since September, which is a weird experience but the money is good and I'm learning a lot. I will probably stick with nannying until the end of the school year and work on getting back to school and finding a job as a teaching assistant/paraprofessional. 

What was your favorite movie?

I must say my favorite movie of 2012 was probably the Hobbit, although there were a few great ones, including Trouble with the Curve, Breaking Dawn (P. 2), Brave, The Campaign and the Hunger Games. 

What was your favorite song?

Favorite songs are always hard for me to pinpoint.  I loved Taylor Swift's new Album, Red. And my favorite song off of it was All Too Well. I also loved Gary Allan's Every Storm Runs Out of Rain. 

What was your proudest moment?

I paid off most of my credit card debt that I'd accrued over the years so that was pretty exciting for me. 


Beauty Related:
What was your favorite drugstore brand/product of 2012?
I think Maybelline took the drugstore by storm this year.  Between their variety of great mascaras, babylips and my all time favorite Color Tattoos, I seriously don't know what I would do without them.  My favorite product was definitely my Color Tattoo's. I love the white one most but also love the new pink and the long time bronze. 

What was your favorite fragrance of 2012?
I'm still in love with my Taylor Swift Wonderstruck fragrance. I also love Secret Wonderland and Forever Red from Bath and Body Works.

Most used beauty products of 2012? 
I must say that if I had to narrow it down to just a few items I used constantly in 2012 they would be the following: Babylips Lip Balm, my ELF Powder Brush, my Aussie Split End Cream and My Sonia Kashuk small powder brush.

5 best eye products of 2012?
Maybelline Color Tattoos
Prestige Total Intensity Eye Liner in Black
My ELF 32 pan palette in Warm
Revlon Carbon Black Collogen Mascara
Urban Decay Primer Potion

5 best face products of 2012?
This one is probably the hardest question, because I really don't use much face makeup. But here it goes. 
Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser 
Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Concealer.  
ELF high definition face powder
ELF mineral blush in Joy
Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream

My 2013 Bucket List:
Complete a "No Buy Challenge" from now until March 30, 2013.  This is bound to be a challenge for me buttttt I need to use the products I have and save money.

Work on budgeting myself, save a few thousand before the end of summer. I need to get on track to being an adult, meaning less going out, more saving and making more safe and conscious choices. 

Go on a trip, somewhere I've never been. This has long been a goal of mine but it's really seeming like this might be there to do it.  I'm considering becoming and overseas Au Pair for a few months or just taking a trip somewhere with friends.

Get back to school.

Find a job in the education field. I really need to start  moving forward in my career, so this and going back to school go hand in hand, as I need the field experience and the classroom experience to become a certified teacher in MA.

Keep up with the blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment