Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Go To Skin Care Products

So today I decided to do a post specifically on skin care products that I use daily and highly suggest.

I am Irish and have dry, freckly, fair skin and thick, straight black hair.  I was negligent sun protection until about 2 years ago and my skin has been damaged by the sun for many years.   The result is very dry, sometimes painfully so, skin.  I also have patches of eczema that are constantly popping up on my arms and legs, particularly in cold dry weather or when I spend a lot of time in chlorine.

Here are the products I turn to regularly:
  • U-Lactin Moisturizing Lotion by Allerderm- My mom actually brought this home from work one day a year or so ago and I was initially turned off by how plain it was.  She works in a pharmacy and had them order it for her.  My whole family suffers with dry skin but my younger brother got the worst of it, with painful eczema that covers his body head to toe.  This lotion has been the only thing that has helped his skin and after a month or two of everyone raving about it I tried it.  It is amazing.  It makes your skin so soft and literally allows it to absorb more moisture that regularly.  You can get this product in most pharmacies but they often do not keep it in stock so you may need to ask the pharmacist to order it for you.  A 16 oz. bottle generally retails for roughly $13-18 but it lasts quite a while and is well worth it.  You can also buy it online.
  • Bio Oil- Every single night after I remove my makeup and waskh my face I place a few drops of Bio Oil in the palm of my hand and smooth it over my face.  Application is so simple, it smells fabulous and it literally removes patches of dryness that have accumulated under my makeup during the day.  I only suggest using this at night as it is an oil and does take time to absorb into your face but in the morning your face feels refreshed and smooth.   This product claims to help with scarring and stretch marks but I can't make any claims about that, though I do feel like my few acne scars have diminished since I began using Bio Oil.. It does seem to help even out skin tone also, which I love because I can be very blotchy and red.  Bio Oil comes in many different sizes but the product is all the same and can be found at any drugstore or pharmacy or online for around $8-12. In purchase mine in a 3 pack at BJ's for around $20.
  • Organix Hydrating Moroccan Argan Oil Creamy Oil Body Wash-  I wholeheartedly love and believe in Argan Oil for anything and everything and this Body Wash has not let me down.  I have been a longtime user of Organix hair products, particularly the Argan Oil line.  This is such a creamy moisturising consistency and the smell is light and very similar to the hair products.   This product can be bought at any pharmacy, drugstore or  online for around $8-10 dollars.  I received a $2 off coupon for this product the last time that I bought  the hair products at CVS which brought the price of the product down to around $6
  • Burts Bee's Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream-  The climate being what it is during New England  winters my hands become very dry and painful.  This balmy cream has been amazing in the winter and lasts so long.  I use this everyday at least once but a little goes such a long way.  I love the fact that this product smells like almonds and is very waxy, more like a skin protectant than a cream.  This is like chapstick for your chapped hands. It comes in a cute small glass pot that is very portable also.    Love. Pure unadulterated love.  Like all the other products listed above you can find this product at most drugstores, Walmart or online for $5-9 dollars. 
Well those are my most used and loved skin products.  If you have any comments or suggestions for me let me know in a comment por favor. I will be following this up with a similar post on hair care and lipcare products in the next week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment